Mother's Day is on nigh. I guess this is a reminder, but I'm thinking out loud, too. I think me & KMHD are going to take mum out for a bowl of pho. Not sure what we're gonna do for Mayumi; it's hard since she lives in Ft. Smith. KMHD hilariously suggested that we seek out a card that plays Danzig's "Mother". I WISH. I need to email her and see if she can visit soon, it's been awhile.
Not that I don't love our current get up in the living room, but I've wanted a large size Sonic Youth poster (from Daydream Nation, featuring Kim Gordon's legs) on this wall since I've moved in nearly eight years ago. Well, I finally made it happen and it's gonna go where the current photo exhibit is. One problem that has arisen from this move is where are we going to put the photo exhibit now? Thinking caps are on. Here is SOLO layin' on it:

We went to Starving Artist Cafe for lunch today. It was good! It's now located on Main Street Argenta, so it's close to home. The building is airy, spacious, and they have a killer patio area. Ha, when we first heard of S.A.C. (when it was located on 7th St./LR), we thought it was an affordable place to eat, as the name implies. No. We (and our pocketbook) learned the hard way that the name is misleading. But, the food is good. Sometimes they will have an artist doing his/her thing LIVE! Last time we stopped by, our neighbor Jerry Colburn (of Bloodless Cooties fame) was doing some collages.
I've gone and planted this seed in my mind and I will definitely need to speak with the fellas about it, but should we plan a little event at Vic. St. space for Memorial Day weekend? Nothing huge, just a friends-only soiree? Yeah? Call it "Spring Roll"? Eclipse Glasses to play? Maybe a DJ? Speaking of Eclipse Glasses, they are playing Riverfest this year. I've already consulted the line-up schedule and I'm glad that I don't have to choose between watching E.C. v. The B-52's. I'm stoked to see Heart and Buddy Guy, too. Last year, we tried to see ZZ Top perform -- didn't work out, although it was nice to sit at the river's edge to watch drunk ladies grind each other on flat-bottom boats while broheems shined flashlights on them. Too, it was amusing to see a lady jump out of a boat and swim to land for no apparent reason. I'm pretty sure she smelled gross for a month. Too, it was the best view of the fireworks show. Also, it was just bitchin' to sit there and hear ZZ perform "Tush". I just don't want to do that ever again. With E.C. playing, I'm pretty sure I can score backstage area passes. That's right! I can eat my smoked turkey leg in peace!
More photos from the last campin' trip. The guys played a trick on me & put the campfire in my seat!

Here is Zach, lightin' up:

2 comments:
I saw Skynrd at Riverfest one year and your description of ZZ Top was pretty spot on.
What a mean trick. I have burn holes in my folding chairs from the same.
I'm a tiny bit bummed I'll be in NYC for Memorial Day weekend. I hope to be wrong.
I can't do Riverfest without backstage privileges. I like to watch people's concert faces.
Post a Comment